Residents are reminded to log on to a live web chat this evening to pose their questions to the Police and Crime Commissioner and the Chief Constable
Roger Hirst, the new PCC for Essex and Chief Constable Stephen Kavanagh will be online from 5pm until 7pm this evening Monday June 27. To take part click here
As the new Police and Crime Plan for Essex is developed over the summer, the PCC has recently published details of some of the key issues for local communities, which were reflected in the manifesto on which he was elected as PCC. These include:
– addressing Anti-Social Behaviour before it develops into more serious criminal activity
– ensuring Essex Police is more local, visible and accessible
– continuing to focus on tackling domestic abuse
– tackling serious violent and sexual crime
– disrupting gangs and organised crime and preventing the exploitation of vulnerable people
– supporting victims of crime and safeguarding vulnerable people
– changing and improving driver behaviour given that Road Traffic Collisions kill more people in Essex than all other forms of violent crime put together
More details can be seen here
All of these subjects and more will be up for debate as the PCC and Chief Constable go online to talk with you and answer your questions.
The live webchat will be taking place on Monday June 27 from 5pm to 7pm and people can join in by logging on to: http://essex.police.uk/talkbacklive
People can email their questions in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post them on the Essex Police Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EssexPoliceUK
Or submit them on the night via the above weblink.