1. Got Brexit done by leaving the EU, delivering on our promise to the British people. We got Brexitdone and have taken back control of the issues that matter to the British people. Leaving the EU has given us the freedom to rollout the fastest vaccine programme in Europe, establish eight freeports, install a points-based immigration system, and negotiate new free trade deals with 70 countries.
2. Delivering a £36 billion package to reform the NHS and social care, tackling the issues that successive governments have ducked for decades. We will deliver around £12 billion a year in extra funding for our health and social care services over the next three years – a total of £36 billion. This will allow us to tackle backlogs in the NHS, cap the cost of social care, and deliver better services for patients.
3. Rolling out the fastest Covid-19 vaccine programme in Europe, building a wall of defence to protect people and save lives. 36 million people have now received a booster jab across the UK, and we have hit out target of offering every eligible adult in England the chance to get bet a booster jab by the end of 2021. Over three quarters of eligible adults have now been boosted, and 90 per cent of eligible over-50s.
4. Launching our Plan for Jobs, helping people get back into work, earn more and gain the skills our economy needs. Our Plan for Jobs includes our £2 billion Kickstart Scheme, which has already got 112,000 young people into work; our £2.9 billion Restart Scheme, helping over 1 million long-term unemployed people find work; and our Lifetime Skills Guarantee, offering 11 million adults a free qualification.
5. Cutting taxes and boosting wages, helping working families meet the cost of living and supporting vulnerable households. We have delivered a significant tax cut for low-income families by reducing the Universal Credit taper rate from 63 per cent to 55 per cent – giving a £1,000 pay rise to 2 million of the lowest paid – and we are raising the National Living Wage by 6.6 per cent to £9.50 an hour.
6. Rapidly delivering punctual, reliable, and faster rail journey across the North and Midlands through our £96 billion Integrated Rail Plan. The Integrated Rail Plan sets out how we will build three new highspeed rail lines, electrify or upgrade three existing main lines, improve local services, and integrate them properly with HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail – all 10 to 15 years sooner than under previous plans.
7. Giving our police the powers and resources they need to cut crime and keep our streets safe. We are boosting police funding by up to £1.1 billion this year have recruited 11,053 extra officers – as we work towards hiring 20,000 by 2023 – and launched a Beating Crime Plan to make our streets safer. Our PCSC Bill will also deliver new powers for the police to cut crime and make sure criminals spend longer in jail.
8. Boosting funding for school pupils to record levels, giving every child a world-class education. We are boosting school by £4 billion this year, taking total funding up to £41.7 billion. Every primary school will receive at least £4,362 per pupil, and every secondary school at least £5,669 per pupil. We have also provided another £1.8 billion to take the total for schools catch-up funding to almost £5 billion.
9. Setting out a Ten Point Plan to unleash a green industrial revolution, creating jobs as we build back greener. The Prime Minister’s Ten Point Plan will mobilise £12 billion of government investment to create and support up to 250,000 highly-skilled green jobs in the UK, and spur over three times as much private sector investment by 2030, helping us to meet our world leading target of being net zero by 2050.
10. Increasing our defence budget by £24.1 billion over the next four years, keeping our country safe. This is the largest investment in our nation’s defence since the end of the Cold War, and will help to create 10,000 more jobs every year across the whole of the UK. We have also published an Integrated Review of the UK’s security, defence, development and foreign policy – setting out opportunities of Global Britain.